hardware detection

Andreas Schockenhoff asc at gmx.li
Wed Oct 8 22:32:32 CEST 2003

Hi,

I want to add additional hardware detection to 06hwdetect.source

# try to detect network cards
MODULES=`/sbin/discover --disable-all --enable=pci --module ethernet`
echo $MODULES >>/tmp/fai/modules
# moduleslist="$moduleslist $MODULES"
# newclasses="$newclasses `echo $MODULES |tr [a-z] [A-Z]`"

in scripts/BOOT
cat /tmp/fai/modules >> $target/etc/modules

And it works, but it look like a quick and dirty hack. :-(

The construct: moduleslist="$moduleslist $MODULES" is nicer but it does
not work. I have not found where the class/*.var is read.

On http://pciids.sourceforge.net is a nice place for pci.ids is there
such a nice place for "pci.lst, pcmcia.lst, usb.lst"? (I know
pci.lst comes from pci.ids. :-) )

bye Andreas