raid 0 setup

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Wed Nov 26 11:25:36 CET 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Joachim Schmitz wrote:
> is there anywhere an example for a simple raid 0 setup, with two
> ide-drives, where drive two just mirrors drive one.

When I implemented this, and RAID-5, using the Linux software RAID
layer, I had to do the following:

1. add 'mdadm' to the FAI pre-install area on the server.
2. write a partition.CLASS hook that did:
   3. use fdisk to partition the disk as desired
   4. use mdadm to create the MD device
   5. use mke2fs to create the filesystem

There was no easy way to do this with the FAI tools as supplied, at
least with the version in Debian/stable.

      Daniel

--
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed,
and some few to be chewed and digested.