make-fai-nfsroot and dhcp3-client

amy at real-time.com amy at real-time.com
Tue Nov 18 21:19:59 CET 2003

All of a sudden, on a working fai server, when I run make-fai-nfsroot
-v, I see this:

Setting up dhcp3-client (3.0+3.0.1rc9-2.2) ...

Configuration file `/etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf'
 ==> File on system created by you or by a script.
 ==> File also in package provided by package maintainer.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      D     : show the differences between the versions
      Z     : background this process to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.
*** dhclient.conf (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ? dpkg: error processing
dhcp3-client (--configure):
 EOF on stdin at conffile prompt

...and at the very end this:

 dhcp3-client
Removing `diversion of /sbin/discover to /sbin/discover.distrib by fai'

It looks like the problem is that NFSROOT/etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf is
different from the one the package wants to install, but I can't figure
out where it's copying dhclient.conf from.

I'm running the latest 2.5.1.

Any ideas?  Thanks.
--
Amy Tanner