Problem getting files installed

amy at real-time.com amy at real-time.com
Thu Nov 13 20:33:03 CET 2003

I'm having problems getting my files copied.  For instance, I have

/fai/files/etc/issue/DEFAULT

where DEFAULT is the contents if the /etc/issue file I want.  But it
doesn't seem to get installed.  Do I have to do something to trigger the
file copies?

I also saw in one of the advanced examples, something like this:

/fai/files/home/WWWKIOSK.tar.gz

I presume that any hosts defined within class WWWKIOSK will
automatically get this file ?  I tried that myself, as follows:

/fai/files/usr/local/DEFAULT.tar.gz

...but it didn't get copied.

I re-read the user-guide but there's not much information on files.  And
I didn't see anything that was specifically making the file copies.

Also, which gets done first: file copies or scripts ?

Thank you in advance.
--
Amy Tanner
amy at real-time.com