my fai doesn't know the server name.

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Mon Mar 10 16:22:35 CET 2003

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:28:04 +0100
Radek Hnilica <ML at hnilica.cz> wrote:

> 	Hello
> I'm playing with FAI, trying install workstation.
> But the installation fails with
> Calling task_savelog
> Saving log files to fai@ fai0001/install-20030310_134209
> rcmd: getaddrinfo: Name or service not known
>
> looking in scripts, there should be a server name after fai at .  Its in
> variable $SERVER.  But I still do not find where is that variable
> defined.
>
> I'm using Debian Woody.

I think I had the same problem (FAI 2.4, DHCP). The server variable
should be set by /sbin/dhclient-perl in the nfsroot filesystem. There is
a bug in that script. Remove these lines:

# exit if no data is available
exit 0 unless $ENV{new_option_170};

Alternatively just define option-170 in the DHCP configuration. For more
details see my recent messages to the linux-fai mailing list.

Best regards,
   Felix

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything