make-fai-nfsroot broken

Tue Jun 24 14:26:04 CEST 2003

    > Here's my fai.conf:

    > installserver=charon httpserver=$installserver
    > ftpserver=ftp.uk.debian.org debdist=stable # distribution:
    > debdist=stable # distribution: woody, sarge, sid
Please try it using woody, not stable, but I think your problem is below.

    > [ ... goes on like this ... ]

    > Building Dependency Tree...
    > Package cfengine has no available version, but exists in the database.
    > This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
    > never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
    > of sources.list
    > E: Package cfengine has no installation candidate
The log file looks very good until here. Maybe the Debian mirror is not
correct. Seems that cfengine is missing. You have to fix that
otherwise make-fai-nfsroot will stop and is not going to install the
coeerct commands into the nfsroot.

If following line is missing, then an error has occured and you have
to fix the error. Otherwise not all parts of make-fai-nfsroot has been
completet

make-fai-nfsroot finished.

I think make-fai-nfsroot should print out a warning if this
happens. This will be implemented soon.