apt-get install questions

Rene Cunningham rene at dcnut.com
Tue Jun 3 11:21:22 CEST 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 10:33:20AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> Unfortunately Sendmail doesn't use Debconf. Sendmail is historically one
> of the annoying packages to install via FAI. Search the mailing list
> archives, this question has been asked in the past.

Ok, that explains why sendmail is being a pain to install. Thanks.

Also i have found that after install_packages is ran alot of packages
are marked iU not ii, by dpkg. After i run dpkg --configure -a with
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive set, things are ok. Are packages ment to
be marked iU after install_packages is executed?

--

Rene Cunningham
DCNUT Pty Ltd