Making a "bootpdless" boot floppy

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien at dental-on-line.fr
Mon Jul 28 14:10:03 CEST 2003

Hi!

I'm in the process of automating the installation of machines which are
deployed to our clients. Therefore I need to install our distribution on lots
and lots of machines so getting the MAC address of each target and
configuring /etc/bootptab accordingly is quit painfull.
I would like to know if it is possible to make a boot floppy which would just
get an IP from a DHCP server, then boot on my nfs root. Ideally the server IP
address would be hardcoded into the boot floppy.
Is this possible?

Regards,
  Aurélien