cannot login during and after install

David Fokkema dfokkema at ileos.nl
Wed Jul 23 10:58:28 CEST 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 10:48:49AM +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > Hi group, I'm at a loss here, so my question probably won't be
>     > specific, intelligent, comprehensive or whatever...
>
>     > During install, I have ssh logins enabled using the sshd
>     > variable.  However, ssh won't accept my root password. If I cat
>     > /etc/passwd, I have
>
>     > root:glidsOrv7:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash <snip>
>
> The passwords you can define inf fai.conf and class/DEFAULT.var must
> always be the encrypted passwords, not in clear text! Encrypted
> passwords are always 13 chars long.

I'm glad they must be encrypted, ;-) I even think I erased the encrypted
password 'fai' from fai.conf without realising that it wasn't gibberish,
but actually the crypted 'fai'. It must've been very late at night, :-)

>     > PS: Now that I have most of FAI working, I think it is a
>     > _really_ great package, thanks!
> I would be very happy, if you can fill out the questionaire
> http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/questionaire.

I have looked it up and will return it to you the instant I have FAI up
and running and actually installed a server with it. However, due to
limited time to work on this, this may take some days...

Thanks,

David