FAI trouble (2)

Wed Jul 23 11:21:00 CEST 2003

    > I'm still going on with new problems in sarge... :-) In
    > fai-do-scripts, file seems to fail when guessing some shell
    > script types. For example instead of bash for the template
    > DEFAULT/S20, we get: File DEFAULT/S20 has unsupported type
    > DEFAULT/S20: Paul Falstad's zsh script text executable. :-(

    > Simple fix in fai-do-scripts :
    > 	*"executable shell script"*|*"/bash script"*|*"Bourne shell
    > 	script"*|*"Bourne-Again shell script"*|*"zsh script"*)
This is easy to add to FAI 2.5.

    > In fai-class :
    >     HOSTNAME=`uname -n | cut -d. -f1`; export HOSTNAME

    > What's that ? :-( I guess it is up to the local administrator to
    > decide she will use or not FQDN, not up to the FAI...
Mmmmmh. I'm not sure. Since the hostname is also a class name and
class names should not contain any dots I think fai should use only
the short name for the classes. You will have some problems when using
cfengine scripts. There a dot inside a list of classes means a logical
AND of these classes. I also think most people will use the short name.

    > I have a complex infrastructure name and I need to use
    > sub-domain name to avoid simple name conflicts...
What about defining a new class (see below) and not using any file
that has the FQDN?

uname -n | tr . _ | tr /a-z/ /A-Z/

    > In /usr/share/fai/templates/package_config/DEFAULT removed
    > tcsh-i18n because it cause a conflict with tcsh.
It would be nice if you can send a list of pacakge name that conflict
in sarge to fai at informatik.uni-koeln.de

    > Could it be possible to have a mode in apt-get install to go on
    > even if there is a problem with a package? The probability to
    > have 0 package broken seems to be closed to 0 in a real
    > installation... :-(
Submit a bug against the apt-get package. I also like to have this feature.