make-fai-repository working - lame!

Mark Hedges hedges at linuxdelivery.com
Thu Jul 3 00:32:37 CEST 2003

Mark Hedges wrote:
> All the other parts of make-fai-repository seem to work okay.  It generates
> the pool directories appropriately, etc.  But there is nothing ready to
> copy.
>
> Where could I look for clues?

It seems apt-get refuses to download again if its source is coming from
a mounted filesystem.

Overriding $NFSROOT/etc/apt/sources.list after calling fai-setup, with
Internet sources, seems to have done the trick.  I hope it works.

Apparently then make-fai-repository will not work to copy from a local
mirror?
I guess it would if I went through the extra step of setting up ftp access
to the mirror.  Lame.

Unless someone knows a way to make apt-get download anyway even though
it uses file:/ entries in sources.list?

--mark--