Using FAI to build custom Debian install and iso?

Frédéric BOITEUX fboiteux at prosodie.com
Mon Jan 20 09:42:09 CET 2003

Le Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:10:45 -0800 (PST), Dan Peterson <oroville_dan at yahoo.com> a écrit :

> Ideally, I'd like to have an iso that I could burn
> onto a cdrom, ship out to the office so it's there
> when I arrive (and which I can leave in case of
> disaster).

	Hello,

  I don't think FAI is a good tool in your situation...
better look at mondo backup/recovery tool : you build a system, make
with mondo(&mindi) a backup on a CD : this CDrom will boot up and
let you reinstall all software (with prior partionning)...
  The only drawback is that you must have the same kind of hardware (since
it's like a hardcopy of a system ...)

    bye,
	Fred.

--