Dynamically defining classes, ordering, hardware detection

Niall Young niall at chime.net.au
Fri Jan 17 03:32:25 CET 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Niall Young wrote:
>     >>
>     >> How about overriding other class behaviour with hooks and
>     >> files, I guess that gets back to the order in which everything
>     >> is defined and run - e.g. class FOO installs /etc/lilo.conf but
>     >> if class BAH also has one, how can I guarantee that BAH
>     >> replaces it *after* FOO has finished?
>
>     > If you use fcopy, and BAH is defined before FOO, fcopy will copy
>     > the lilo.conf from BAH.  If BAH is not defined, but FOO is, then
>     > fcopy will copy FOO's lilo.conf.
>
> This is wrong. Classes that are defined first like DEFAULT have low
> priority. So, all classes that are defined by the script
> /fai/class/01alias (was S01alias) have higher priority than classes
> defined by script /fai/class/24nis (was S24nis). fcopy will used the
> configuration file with the highest priority (the last class which was
> defined, and for which a config file is available).

Excellent, thanks Thomas.

Niall Young                                    Chime Communications Pty Ltd
niall at chime.net.au                            Level 6, 263 Adelaide Terrace
Ph: (+61) 08 9213 1330 / 0408 192 797         Perth, Western Australia 6000

     "there's a lot of movement in my trousers at the moment"
                                     -- Dennis Kristofich, Sep 2002