Dynamically defining classes, ordering, hardware detection

Niall Young niall at chime.net.au
Wed Jan 15 05:22:01 CET 2003

Has anyone looked into dynamically defining new classes based on
hardware detection routines like kudzu?

How about overriding other class behaviour with hooks and files, I
guess that gets back to the order in which everything is defined
and run - e.g. class FOO installs /etc/lilo.conf but if class BAH
also has one, how can I guarantee that BAH replaces it *after* FOO
has finished?

I'm back to thinking about class ordering and inheritence now, anyone
looking into this stuff already?

Niall Young                                    Chime Communications Pty Ltd
niall at chime.net.au                            Level 6, 263 Adelaide Terrace
Ph: (+61) 08 9213 1330 / 0408 192 797         Perth, Western Australia 6000

     "there's a lot of movement in my trousers at the moment"
                                     -- Dennis Kristofich, Sep 2002