Tricks to get sendmail to install?

Sébastien GALLET sgallet at ibourgogne.net
Fri Feb 7 13:19:13 CET 2003

Andrew Pollock wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm wondering what tricks other people use to install Sendmail as
>non-interactively as possible?

Use postfix ;)

>Currently, for me, I'm simply taking all the defaults (manually) in the
>post install script, which pretty quickly makes it exit because one of the
>early defaults is to leave things unconfigured. I then call sendmailconfig
>again later on in a script, with standard input redirected.

cfengine ... ???
I didn't know this tool before using FAI.
I'm currently rewriting all my configuration's scripts using this tool
It can be perfectly integrated with FAI.

How i did it in a few words:
Put your cfengine scripts (DEFAULT.conf) in /usr/local/share/fai/cfengine
create a script DEFAULT/S90
echo "Starting Ultimate Default Configuration" >> /tmp/fai/cfengine.log
echo "cd /fai/cfengine; cfengine -f DEFAULT.conf -d3" | $ROOTCMD >>
/tmp/fai/cfengine.log
echo "Finishing Ultimate Default Configuration" >> /tmp/fai/cfengine.log

Do you want my scripts ???