trying to upgrade to 2.5 -- problems booting client

Mike Grommet mgrommet at elucidations.net
Sat Aug 16 06:39:45 CEST 2003

I'm upgrading from 2.3.1 to 2.5 and am running into just a few problems... I
had things functioning fairly well under 2.3.1.  I've grabbed fai 2.5, but
not the latest fai-kernels since I'm still running 2.2.22...

I've configured FAI_BOOT to be "dhcp", and fai-setup and make-fai-bootfloppy
executed without problem.

When I try to boot up on the floppy, I choose FAI_DHCP and the kernel
uncompresses.  The system fetches an ip addy from the dhcp server (on
master).

It then tries to mount the root fs... now in 2.3.1 it had no trouble
mounting master_node:/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot -- but for some reason, 2.5 is
trying to mount something entirely different...

Root-NFS:  Server returned error -13 while mounting /tftpboot/10.0.0.65

10.0.0.65 is the address given to the client by dhcp... but I don't
understand why /tftpboot/10.0.0.65 is being mounted...    Nor am I sure how
to change this...

Does this look familiar to any of you fai gurus?