Beginner's problem

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at utm.utoronto.ca
Sat Aug 2 19:12:44 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003, debacle wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 08:23:04AM +0000, debacle wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Sorry, the error message was correct, the /etc/fai/fai.conf
> not.  Here is the current content:
>
> installserver=localhost
> httpserver=$installserver
> debdist=sid
> FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP="$debdist http://$httpserver/debian"
	My guess is that your "Release" file in the local archive is not
correct. debootstrap is picky about both the contents of the Release file
and the structure of the Debian archive it uses to install the base
system.

	In the mailing list, people have discussed using apt-ftparchive
(in the apt-utils package) to make the Packages.gz files. apt-move will
create an (old-format) debian archive that works with debootstrap. I
currently create the Release files on my own, but there may be a tool to
do that as well -- check through the mailing list archives for "Release"
and you might find something.

- Paul