E: Couldn't download

Tapio Lehtonen tale at iki.fi
Thu Apr 17 05:34:57 CEST 2003

Now I have a strange problem. Running fai-setup stops with message

E: Couldn't download netkit-inetd

and it is a different file each time I try to run fai-setup or
/usr/sbin/make-fai-nfsroot. I tried to see what is happening with
strace and tcpdump, but I do not understand what goes wrong. I do get
NXDOMAIN error, the DNS domain that I run in my intranet is not a
registered domain and I use public address space IP-addresses (RFC
1918).

I tried both FTP and HTTP methods in FAI_SOURCE_LIST in
/etc/fai/fai.conf, does not make a difference. I could try NFS
mounting my Debian mirror to the host where I'm trying to setup FAI
install server, but I would prefer using FTP.

I'm running woody on all my hosts, I could use testing on install
server.

peli:/etc/fai# fai-setup
Account $LOGUSER=fai already exists.
Make sure that all install clients can
log into this account without a password.
/home/fai/.rhosts created.
User account fai set up.
Creating FAI nfsroot can take a long time and will
need more than 160MB disk space in /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot.
/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot already exists. Removing /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot
Creating nfsroot for woody using debootstrap
E: Couldn't download net-tools
chroot: cannot execute apt-get: No such file or directory
chroot: cannot execute dpkg-divert: No such file or directory
peli:/etc/fai#

peli:/etc/fai# fai-setup
Account $LOGUSER=fai already exists.
Make sure that all install clients can
log into this account without a password.
/home/fai/.rhosts created.
User account fai set up.
Creating FAI nfsroot can take a long time and will
need more than 160MB disk space in /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot.
/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot already exists. Removing /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot
Creating nfsroot for woody using debootstrap
E: Couldn't download libc6
chroot: cannot execute apt-get: No such file or directory
chroot: cannot execute dpkg-divert: No such file or directory
peli:/etc/fai#

peli:/etc/fai#  /usr/sbin/make-fai-nfsroot v
Creating FAI nfsroot can take a long time and will
need more than 160MB disk space in /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot.
/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot already exists. Removing /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot
Creating nfsroot for woody using debootstrap
E: Couldn't download klogd

--
Tapio Lehtonen
Tapio.Lehtonen at IKI.FI