newbie trying to install xserver (software.log), please help!!

Tue Apr 15 10:56:04 CEST 2003

    > Hi everyone, here is the software.log file. I think only the
    > base system is been installed. Is there any mechamism to tell
    > the client to install packages from the
    > package_config/"client_name"?

First of all: Please do not send the whole log files! An excerpt is
sufficient in most cases. Your mail program wrapped all the lines, so
it's very difficult to read the log file. Please pay attention to
this, when posting to the list.

    >  W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.debian.org woody/contrib Packages
    > (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.debian.org_debian_dists_woody_contrib_binary-i386_Packages)
    > - stat (2 No such file or directory) W: You may want to run
    >   apt-get update
This can lead to problems. Check your sources.list in fai.conf.

    > to correct these problems E: Package kernel-source-2.2.20 has no
    > installation candidate ERROR: 25600 25600 The following packages
apt-get has an error. So it stops installing other software. You
must check the list of software that should be installed.