newbie trying to install xserver

Rasched Zamni rasched.zamni at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Apr 14 16:02:02 CEST 2003

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install a xserver on my client maschine "melon" using fai.

On the install-server I added in package_config a file named melon with
the following entries:(I tried both seperately)

1. try:
********************************
PACKAGES taskinst
x-window-system
********************************

2. try:
********************************
PACKAGES install
xbase-clients xfonts-100dpi xfonts-75dpi xfonts-base
xfonts-scalable xfonts-scalable-nonfree xfs xlib6g xlibmesa3 xlibs-dev
xlockmore xsane xscreensaver xscreensaver-gl xscreensaver-nognome
xserver-common xserver-xfree86 xterm xutils

I noticed that only the base-software-package is been installed:
(xserver-common).
Can anyone help me please?
Thanks a lot

R.