sub-dirs of /etc?

Henning Glawe glaweh at physik.fu-berlin.de
Wed Sep 25 11:54:29 CEST 2002

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 12:09:44PM -0500, bblack at superiorbroadband.com wrote:
> directory structure looks much like this
> /fai/files/var/lib/qmail/alias/.qmail-root/MAIL_SERVER
> /fai/files/var/lib/qmail/alias/.qmail-postmaster/MAIL_SERVER
> /fai/files/var/lib/qmail/alias/.qmail-mailer-daemon/MAIL_SERVER
> /fai/files/var/lib/qmail/alias/...etc.../MAIL_SERVER
this looks correct...

> it seems the if($opt_r) branch should be finding all subdirectories
> under the argument list, and changing the args that copy_one gets
> called with accordingly.  This did not appear to be happening.  Maybe
> something is happening in the rfilter subroutine.....
rfilter works this way:

- accept everything which is not named CVS
- if a subdirectory CVS exists, accept if link count is 3
- if not: accept if link count is 2

so IF it is a problem with rfilter, this may be caused by
/fai/files/var/lib/qmail/alias/.qmail-postmaster/ etc. containing other
subdirectories than CVS...

fcopy -r does a really good job (we do a fcopy -r / instead of maybe a
thousend single fcopies for our installations...)

--
c u
henning