NIS configuration

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Thu Sep 19 16:26:37 CEST 2002

In a message dated: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:19:06 EDT
mod+linux-fai at std.com said:

>Yah, it's too bad the NIS gets defined if YPDOMAIN is defined.

I'm curious, why would this be bad?  If you have YPDOMAIN defined,
then wouldn't you *want* NIS?  If you don't want NIS, then don't
define YPDOMAIN.  Wouldn't you simply create a class which doesn't
have NIS, and therefore doesn't define YPDOMAIN?
--

Seeya,
Paul