FAI, RAID, booting

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Tue Sep 17 19:19:20 CEST 2002

Hi all,

Anyone have any ideas how I'd go about getting FAI to create a RAID
set accross 4 disks, then installing to that?

I have systems with 4 IDE drives, and I wanted to create a mirror of
the /, /boot, /usr, and /var partitions across the 4 drives using
RAID 1, and then be able to boot from the /boot partion, which would
be /dev/md0.

Obviously there will need to be a /etc/raidtab and /etc/fstab
installed, my question pertains more to how to do the actual install.
Can I install normally, then at boot time have the RAID set sync up?
Or do I need to create the RAID set first, before package
installation, then install?

I'm a little fuzzy on how to do this.  Any idea greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--

Seeya,
Paul