how to create configfiles on the fly?

Michael Renner michael.renner at gmx.de
Mon Sep 9 18:10:49 CEST 2002

Moin,
after solving some minor problems I think about to create some config files
depending on the result of a hardware test. All my computers are similar, but
not identical. I should create a XF86Config depending to the graphic card
(and ideally also depending to the monitor or LCD) a modules.config depending
to the soundcard and so on.
Does anybody have such a 'thing'? What would be the promising way? Is kudzu
usable for such a task?
CU
--

|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner at gmx.de  |
|D-72072 Tuebingen   Germany                        |