FAI vs PFAI

Henning Glawe glaweh at physik.fu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 15 09:33:43 CEST 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 12:47:33PM +0000, Jacob Weismann wrote:
> times out. We added 'portmap' to the packages variable in make-fai-nfsroot
> and this had the effect that the portmapper was indeed started during
We didn't have this problem; portmap was added from fai.conf to
nfsroot...

> below. We would be most grateful for any comments on these issues. For
> a start: Has anyone else tried to install a NIS client using pfai ???
yes, it was developed for that... and here it works...

> 2) During the install-process
> 'chroot /tmp/target'
mount /proc

> 'netstat -atn':  shows that the portmapper is indeed listening.
on my virtual install client too...

> 'rpcinfo -p': hangs and further investigations have revealed that
> the state between the hosts real IP adr.  and 127.0.0.1:sunrpc is
> SYN-SENT.
it doesn't hang here...
have you already a /etc/yp.conf in your chroot environment ? here one
exists, containing our ypservers...

> 3) During the entire install-process:
> 'file /sbin/start-stop-daemon'  tells that it is a Bourne shell script.
should be the same behaviour as in fai:
after installation, $target/sbin/start-stop-daemon is an ELF
executable...
the diversion of /sbin/start-stop-daemon at the end of installation in
subroutines-linux:task_finish; if the installation breaks before
reaching the end, this diversion isn't removed...

--
c u
henning