Future of FAI (fwd)

Niall Young niall at chime.net.au
Fri Nov 22 07:47:44 CET 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, AUSTIN MURPHY wrote:

> I was thinking of a single "spec" file to define each class with an
> associated tarball containing all related scripts and files.

> # scripts (location)
> /fai/scripts/GNOME/S01
> /fai/scripts/GNOME/S03

Sounds great, but do we need a separate spec file?  I like the ease
of customising classes simply by dropping SXX scripts etc. in place and
have them automatically detected instead of hardcoding them in, this
keeps it flexible and modular.  I'd just separate everything from
/usr/local/share/fai/* into /usr/local/share/fai/CLASS/* with each file named
appropriately: disk_config package_config/ scripts/ etc.  It's then an
isolated tree, and you could add tarball support later by just detecting
CLASS/ or CLASS.tar.gz

Niall Young                                    Chime Communications Pty Ltd
niall at chime.net.au                            Level 6, 263 Adelaide Terrace
Ph: 08 9213 1330 / 0408 192 797               Perth, Western Australia 6000

     "there's a lot of movement in my trousers at the moment"
                                     -- Dennis Kristofich, Sep 2002