future of fai

Niall Young niall at chime.net.au
Fri Nov 22 03:20:15 CET 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Bruce  Edge wrote:

> - write a script that creates a bootable CD. I do not know if it's
>   possible to detect the name of the CD-ROM without using a
>   initrd. What if the computer has (several) IDE and SCSI CD-ROMs? The
>   CD should be made from an existing nfsroot on a fai server. I think
>   Niall Young will work on this.
>
> I am working on this too now. I'm using Marc Scharfer's http://search.alphanet.ch/~schaefer/FAI/
> as a starting point. Let me know if there's anything I can do here, coding, testing, whatever.

I'm getting paid to do it fulltime at the moment, just been getting FAI
setup and getting to know things first.  I'll post what I sent to Thomas
yesterday for discussion, I've got a big bias to what I need it to do
but if we can reach a consensus on the main mechanism I'm ready to start
coding on Monday.

Niall Young                                    Chime Communications Pty Ltd
niall at chime.net.au                            Level 6, 263 Adelaide Terrace
Ph: 08 9213 1330 / 0408 192 797               Perth, Western Australia 6000

     "there's a lot of movement in my trousers at the moment"
                                     -- Dennis Kristofich, Sep 2002