j2sdk1.3 install problems

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at utm.utoronto.ca
Tue Nov 5 16:22:30 CET 2002

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002 admin at jgc.homeip.net wrote:

> I'm trying to install j2sdk1.3 using FAI, and it doesn't work correct. The
> Debian package asks for input when the license is displayed. The input it
> needs is "yes" or "no", but FAI answers with "y", so the installer gets
> stuck displaying the same message over and over again.
> Anyone knows a solution to this problem?

	I had a similar problem. My solution was to take the offending
package out of the package_config directly and install it directly in a
hook. The following line should work:

yes 'yes' | $ROOTCMD apt-get --fix-missing install j2sdk1.3

Actually, you may be able to get away with "echo" instead of "yes"

echo "yes" | $ROOTCMD apt-get --fix-missing install j2sdk1.3

	but I don't know for certain.

- Paul