Changes in subroutines

AUSTIN MURPHY amurphy at nbcs.rutgers.edu
Fri May 31 00:55:51 CEST 2002

Hi,

I just figured out that task() from .../usr/share/fai/subroutines has
significantly changed.   I have a hook (partition.computername) that I use
to partition which calls "skiptask partition" at the end to prevent the
normal perl script from running.  Now this is changed and I don't
understand why.

I am working on a SPARC system and this is the only way for me to do the
partitioning.

It seems natural to use a hook to provide an alternate means of performing
a task, but the current version removes this functionality.

Does anyone else use hooks in this manner?

Thanks,

Austin Murphy