Changin password with yppasswd

Markus Happonen happonen at csc.fi
Wed May 8 15:45:39 CEST 2002

Hi,

This is probably not best place to ask this, but you might have had same
kind of problems. I am trying to change password in a cluster, where user
accounts are shared to nodes by using nis. So I use yppasswd and it seems
to work fine. However, when I login to the nodes where I have logged
before, I have to use old password. In frontserver and nodes where I don't
have logged before, new password works fine. Do you know, what is
the problem with this and how to fix it? Server is running woody and the
nodes potato. Nis is installed from default package.

Markus