FAI package dependencies

Matthew Palmer mjp16 at ieee.uow.edu.au
Tue Mar 5 01:13:22 CET 2002

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Thomas Lange wrote:

> > FAI is very nice, but oh boy do those dependencies need work.
> FAI 2.2.3 should work on potato, so the dependencies are less strong.
> make-fai-nfsroot needs mknbi-linux, which is included in the netboot package.

I've never needed mknbi-linux, or anything else from the netboot package.
Admittedly, I don't use 3Com cards, and I have my own FAI bootdisk I made,
but it certainly isn't required to make FAI do what it should.  As it
stands, the FAI scripts call mknbi-linux, but that should be shrouded in a
[ -e /usr/bin/mknbi-linux ] or or config option, because I'm using FAI quite
happily without it.  (Commented out).

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer
mjp16 at ieee.uow.edu.au