Client aborts during install

Geoffrey J. Krapf geoffx at ccs.neu.edu
Fri Jun 14 20:55:34 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble getting FAI to start on the client.  After
booting, the FAI title message is printed to the screen, then FAI aborts
immediately.

(after the FAI title message:)

+ save_dmesg
/etc/init.d/rcS: save_dmesg: command not found

# if you want to recall rcS_fai
# [ -n $callarg ] && FAI_ACTION=$callarg

(task action > >( tee -a $rcslog ) 2>&1)
+ task action
INIT: Entering runlevel: 2
FAI: Installation aborted.
reboot with: faireboot
or after a logout
sh: no job control in this shell
sh-2.05a#

and I'm dropped to a shell.  I turned on the set -xv option in
/sbin/rcS_fai to print output, but it seems to me that it's failing after
that step.  I also tried commenting out the save_dmesg line, but that
didn't affect anything (not that I really thought it would help).

The system seems to be loading everything perfectly fine; any idea where
the problem is?

Thanks!

- Geoff Krapf
- geoffx at ccs.neu.edu