Automatic if config and customized kernels?

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Fri Jun 14 17:08:26 CEST 2002

Hi all,

How does one get the /etc/network/interfaces file to be correctly
generated?  It would seem that based on all the information handed
out by the dhcp server that this should be easily done.  Would this
be a job for a custom script, or is there some easier, automagic
mechanism already available in FAI?

Also, how do I create a customized kernel package.

I've downloaded the pristine kernel source from kernel.org, and
compiled it for the class of systems I need to build.  I'd like to
use this rather than any of the availble Debian packages.  How do I
create a deb out of the kernel tree I have, complete with lilo.conf,
etc.

Thanks much!

--

Seeya,