Question about the code...

Bruce Edge bedge at troikanetworks.com
Thu Jun 13 17:03:16 CEST 2002

I've wondered about this too, that is the ability to manually run FAI config scripts from a shell. The problem is that none of the environment variables are setup as they are when running from within rcS_fai.
Would it be possible to create scripts/hooks/class files which, when their turn to get executed came along, they dropped you out to a shell prompt with the complete env setup as it is up to that point?

As for the perl scripts, I ended up changing the #!/bin/perl on the first line to #!/bin/perl -d so that when the install hits that script, you drop into the perl debugger and can inteeractively step through the perl script.
It is missing some perl libs at that stage though, so a lot of the debug fuctionality is missing, but it is still usable as a trace tool.

-Bruce.