modprobe: Can't locate module /dev/root.old

Andrew Pollock andrew-fai at andrew.net.au
Thu Jun 13 03:59:13 CEST 2002

Hi,

Every system that I've installed with FAI spits out:

modprobe: Can't locate module /dev/root.old

during bootup (specifically when checking the filesystems I think).

Has this something to do with initrd and pivotroot? Should /dev/root.old refer
to what used to be the root filesystem before it was remounted?

Can I shut it up somehow?

Andrew

PS just upgraded from FAI 2.3.1 to 2.3.4 yesterday. Much less painful than I
expected. I didn't replace my /usr/local/share/fai stuff with the new templates,
should I? I'm especially enjoying the fact that I can boot the installation with
a 2.4 kernel instead of a 2.2 one.