client not finding installkernel img

Paul Lussier pll at lanminds.com
Tue Jun 11 16:45:12 CEST 2002

In a message dated: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 00:19:07 +0200
Geert Stappers said:

>Send your test results to the list.

Thank you for your response!  After going back and double checking my
set-up from beginning to end, I discovered the DHCP server was
sending the wrong IP to the 'client' for the 'next-server' line.
Looking at the config file it didn't jump out me since I was using a
hostname in that field.

The problem is that the install client is on a private LAN, and I
should have been passing it 'nomen-priv' not 'nomen'.  With 2
separate NICs in 'nomen' I got confused.  It wasn't until I started
watching what was going on with Ethereal that I noticed the wrong IP
address getting passed back.

A little ethereal goes a long way :)

Well, now it's onto setting up the FAI config so I can actually get
the installation process working.

Thanks again!
--

Seeya,