ssh replace rsh (was Re: Problem to save log files.)

Andreas Schockenhoff asc at gmx.li
Sun Jul 14 18:27:38 CEST 2002

Hello,

On Saturday, 13. July 2002 13:11, Andreas Schockenhoff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I replace rsh with ssh in fai for save log files to the server.
>
> I have done this after every make-fai-nfsroot.
> cp /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/root/.ssh/id_dsa.pub /home/fai/.ssh/authorized_keys

> cp /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key.pub /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/root/.ssh/
root/.ssh/known_hosts
But it does not work. :-)

Really I have generate the key on a second machine and copy it to root.
cp /root/known_hosts /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/root/.ssh/

And the wrong cp does not overwrite it. :-(

sorry Andreas

PS: But I can modify sh_host_rsa_key.pub before and after the key and it
works. But I think there is a better solution.