LILO

Paul Lussier pll at lanminds.com
Tue Jul 9 19:08:40 CEST 2002

In a message dated: 02 Jul 2002 12:26:17 +0200
Marco Hofmann said:

>Hi,
>
>i guess i disgrace myself, but i really can't figure out how to set up
>lilo. All of my FAI installation works fine. Only one Problem: LILO
>doesn't run.
>
>I've read the documentation but couldn't find anything...

Here's what I did:

	- In /usr/local/share/fai/files/etc create a directory called 'lilo.conf'
	- In this new directory create a file with the same name as a
	  class of machine which is installed by FAI

	  For example, say one of the classes of machine you wish to
	  build is called REALLY_BIG_SYSTEM.  Create the file:

		/usr/local/share/fai/files/etc/REALLY_BIG_SYSTEM

	  The contents of this file should be that of /etc/lilo.conf
	  file you wish to be installed on the system you're trying
	  to install.

To actually have /sbin/lilo run on this lilo.conf file once it's
installed, I added the folling line to the
/usr/local/share/fai/scripts/LAST script:

	# Run Lilo
	/sbin/lilo -r /tmp/target -b /dev/hda -C /etc/lilo.conf

There's probably a better, more elegant way of doing this, but I was
hacking around, and this brute force method got the job done at the
time.  As I get more familiar with FAI, I'll probably re-architect
the whole thing :)

I hope that helps.

--

Seeya,