make-fai-nfsroot: debootstrap 0.1.16.1 crashes at inst of exim

Albrecht Frank abfrankffm at web.de
Thu Jan 31 18:15:26 CET 2002

Dear folks,
I made today the experience that debootstrap 0.1.16.1 crashes
when it wants to install exim.

Exim complains about "Cannot open main log file "/var/log/exim/mainlog":
no such file or directory: euid=8, egid=8"

exim is never mentionend in fai.conf and I don't know how to circumvent
the problem. The dir "/var/log/exim" is in nfsroot.

For me it looks like an error in exim, because in debootstrap
the installation is correctly "chroot"-ed.

Therefor the main problem is for me, how do I avoid the selection
of exim?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Albrecht