Install ext3fs with FAI

Blake Barnett blake.barnett at developonline.com
Fri Jan 18 21:59:24 CET 2002

On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 12:13, chewie at wookimus.net wrote:
> Are you certain it's faster?  I don't know much about the particulars of how
> ext3 is implemented, but I was under the impression that a slight performance
> hit was the tradeoff for journalling.

>From listening to Andrew Morton talk about it, he said that much more
work has been put into ext3 for optimization than for ext2, so for some
things ext3 can out-perform ext2.  I'm sure there are places where the
journaling does cause a speed loss but for everyday use it's probably
not even noticeable.

--
Blake Barnett (bdb)  <blake.barnett at developonline.com>
Sr. Unix Administrator

Learning is a skill, you get better at it with practice.