Install ext3fs with FAI

Albrecht Frank abfrankffm at web.de
Fri Jan 18 18:35:57 CET 2002

Hi Folks,
I managed to install ext3fs with fai (woody).
The only things to change were to generate a kernel with
ext3-support (2.4.17) for the target machine, set an extra
step with 'tune2fs -j' in setup_harddisks after mke2fs
(of course, make-fai-nfsroot),
create a script EXT3 which changes the entries 'ext2' to
'ext3' in the fstab after installation (cfengine),
define this script as a class for the target computer.

An alternative is, let the script setup_harddisks accept
the option -j for mke2fs.
(Sorry, my knowledge in perl is to little).

Up to now its running without problems. And it seems to
be faster than ext2fs. The relatively more faster the
faster the cpu is.

Greetings
Albrecht