make-fai-bootfloppy

Matthew Palmer mjp16 at ieee.uow.edu.au
Mon Feb 18 02:19:09 CET 2002

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > recompile the kernel.  Once the kernel is recompiled, It works
>     > for computers with a 3com 905C card.  But is doesn't work for
>     > computers with a D-Link 530TX (via-rhine) or D-Link 550TX
>     > (realtec 8139). I did compile the drivers in the kernel.  Are
>     > there any know issues with these cards?
>
> Are these ISA cards ? Some ISA cards need additional options, for irq
> and base address.

They will all be PCI cards.  I'm honestly *very* surprised that the default
bootfloppies don't support that rtl8139 (module name 8139too), since they're
a very popular cheap/generic chipset (crap, but popular).  The 530TX is a
little more obtuse, but (IIRC) it's still a stable driver.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer
mjp16 at ieee.uow.edu.au