make-fai-nfsroot: debootstrap 0.1.16.1 crashes at inst of exim

Albrecht Frank abfrankffm at web.de
Mon Feb 4 21:22:41 CET 2002

Chad C. Walstrom wrote:

[..]

> Test it with an FAI install.  Debug, change package, recompile, test,
> test, test. ;-)

Hallo Chad,
Thank you very much for your tips, I learned this weekend something
about debian, apt-get, debootstrap, debian-mirror and so on.

I spent some time in testing the installation with debootstrap....
But the problem isn't solved yet.
It looks like debootstrap ends with an exception after it has
successfully finished its job. Make-fai-nfsroot traps this exception
and breaks the creation of nfsroot.

I don't have a solution for this problem. Perhaps knows another one
more.
Help will be appreciated

Regards
Albrecht