problem with installation and configuration order

Thu Dec 19 14:27:55 CET 2002

    > - I *must* install some files like /etc/passwd and some other
    >     crucial config files before any installation to be sure to
Use a hook which calls fcopy to copy these files. See fcopy(1) for
more info.

    > * I've also a problem when installing packages (via apt-get
    >   install in a script), with debconf.  It seems it is configured
rcS_fai sets DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive. I think this overrides
dpkg-reconfigure debconf. So you have to redefine
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=... . I should work if you do this in a class/*.source
script.

--
 Thomas