modifying nfsroot

Niall Young niall at chime.net.au
Tue Dec 10 03:06:04 CET 2002

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Mate Kosor wrote:

> During some period of using FAI I run into problems when needed to have
> things on nfsroot which fai-setup didn't put there. As I understand, if I
> want to edit things here sources must be edited. If I just copy things I
> need, these files will be erased on the following run fai-setup.

Write your own script to customise NFSROOT after you've run
fai-setup/make-fai-nfsroot which you can run each time it's rebuilt.
e.g.

#!/bin/sh

cp blah /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/blah
chroot /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot apt-get install foo

Niall Young                                    Chime Communications Pty Ltd
niall at chime.net.au                            Level 6, 263 Adelaide Terrace
Ph: (+61) 08 9213 1330 / 0408 192 797         Perth, Western Australia 6000

     "there's a lot of movement in my trousers at the moment"
                                     -- Dennis Kristofich, Sep 2002