/etc/modules bug ?

Didier Richard didier at ext.cri74.org
Fri Aug 30 15:58:54 CEST 2002

I think fai is wrong in the BOOT script :

# this is the function: AppendIfNoSuchLine
egrep -q "^auto" $target/etc/modules 2>/dev/null || echo "auto" >>
$target/etc/modules
# a list of modules, that are loaded at boot time
echo $moduleslist >> $target/etc/modules

==>

if we write our module's list like this in the host.var (in the class
directory) :
moduleslist="3c59x
ext3
soundcore
esssolo1"

or like this :

moduleslist="3c59x ext3 soundcore esssolo1"

It put our module's list in a bad format : all the module's name are in the
same line. So our modules are not loaded at startup.
man modules :
The /etc/modules file contains the names of kernel modules
       that are to be loaded at boot time, one  per  line.

It is not very important, because we can copy the file with fcopy in our
script, but I wonder if I do a mistake in my format (I haven't seen a
documentation about this, may be I am blind... perhaps with "\n" characters
it works, but I haven't test it), or if it is a small bug.

--
Didier RICHARD - stagiaire
CRI de Haute-Savoie - http://www.cri74.org