FAI_SOURCES_LIST_CLIENT

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Tue Aug 20 21:41:34 CEST 2002

In a message dated: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:35:53 EDT
mod+linux-fai at std.com said:

>I don't yet understand the structure of FAI well enough to
>know how best to approach a problem I have, so I propose one
>approach and ask for better alternatives.
>
>It appears that make-fai-nfsroot just unconditionally copies
>the host's /etc/apt/sources.list and /etc/fai/fai.conf to the
>nfsroot before the base.tgz is created.  The problem is that I
>don't necessarily want my FAI client machines to use the same
>Debian mirror or Debian release that my FAI server does.

Errr, why not just create fai/files/etc/source.list/<CLASS> file
and have that get installed at build time?  Specify within that file
which Debian mirror/release you want your clients to use.

To point the clients at a different mirror to obtain the install-time
packages from, you should be able to specify within $NFSROOT/etc/fai/
fai.conf file what you want for a source.list using the FAI_SOURCES_LIST
variable. No?
--

Seeya,
Paul