using MAKEDEV within FAI scripts

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Mon Aug 12 19:49:34 CEST 2002

Hi all,

For some reason I can't seem to call /sbin/MAKEDEV from within FAI
scripts, it reports an error about not being able to access /proc/devices:

	/dev/MAKEDEV: warning: can't read /proc/devices

I worked around the issue by calling 'mknod' directly with the mode,
type, major/minor numbers.  It works, but it's not as easy as just
calling MAKEDEV, since now you need to know the major/minor numbers
of the devices you want to create.
--

Seeya,
Paul