custom kernel not getting installed

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Thu Aug 8 20:31:56 CEST 2002

Interesting....

It seems that by installing postfix instead of exim, a group
'postdrop' gets added to /tmp/target/etc/group.  For some reason,
dpkg fails to install packages in /fai/files/packages when this
sitution exists.  As a result, my kernel was not getting installed.

Additionally, I was trying to run lilo in scripts/LAST as:

	lilo -r /tmp/target/ -b /dev/hda -C /etc/lilo.conf

which was failing with this message:

	Fatal: First boot sector is version 22.3. Expecting version 22.2.

However, from the command line I tried this:

	client:/tmp/fai# chroot /tmp/target /sbin/lilo -C /etc/lilo.conf
	Added l2418 *
	Skipping /vmlinuz.old
	client:/tmp/fai# /sbin/lilo -r /tmp/target -C /etc/lilo.conf
	Fatal: First boot sector is version 22.3. Expecting version 22.2.

I find this both interesting and disturbing.  Does anyone understand
what's happening here?  Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

--

Seeya,
Paul