FAI 2.3.4 on Sparc -- problems

David Byers davby at ida.liu.se
Fri Aug 2 20:29:03 CEST 2002

I would like to use FAI to install Linux on several Sparcstations. I
have looked at what the guys in Switzerland posted (linked from the
FAI home page), but now I am stuck.

The documentations says run make-fai-nfsroot to set up an NFS root for
FAI. This script does not work on Sparc Linux. Does anybody have a
working make-fai-nfsroot for Sparc?

I was trying to port it myself, but got stuck on the rdev line. I
don't know how to do rdev on Sparc. I am also unsure which packages
need to be installed, but I suppose I can work that out.

I would appreciate any help anyone might have.

--
David Byers.